Wednesday, February 27, 2008

St. Anthony Vies to Remain Undefeated, Win State Title


Today's New York Times has a feature on the #1 high school team in America, the 26-0 St. Anthony Friars of Jersey City, NJ:

"St. Anthony High School of Jersey City has the No. 1-ranked boys basketball team in the country, according to two polls. Six of its nine seniors have already signed to play for Division I teams, and two juniors are likely to follow. Their season is the focus of a documentary."


St. Anthony is coached by the legendary Bob Hurley, father of former Duke point guard Bobby Hurley.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good hard workin kids. They be remind of my beloved Butler. Number 1 with good omens.

Anonymous said...

Duke all the way. We're going to win it all.

Anonymous said...

No sonny boy, your wacky tobaccy progrm be needing to avoid primpin for cams and be worry about their income statements. We be playin defense, we be passin, we be findin glory in the team. Thats why at Butler, we be cuttin down them nets.

Anonymous said...

I love playing Tackle. I was born to do it. My recent showing at the combine was not what I hoped for. I wanted to show my toughness and grit. I can play through injuries. An NFL Team can develop me. I may be a bit raw, but with time, a fixture on a line for years to come.