Saturday, April 14, 2007

And Now: An Encore Presentation of Drive and Dish


With Greg Oden forgoing his college eligibility, the editorial staff at Drive and Dish (yeah, we work on Saturdays) has decided to exhume an archived Drive & Dish post that links to an Oden parody. The piece, which parodied Oden's student athlete status, ran in the Sports Pickle about one month ago. Drive and Dish thought the Sports Pickle piece was humorous, yet felt that it wasn't necessarily fair to Oden (and yes, we're fully aware of what a sham the concept of amateurism and the "student athlete" often is in revenue producing Division I sports). But with Greg Oden's career as a "student athlete" ending after only one year (and, yes, we agree with his decision to leave school - he'll be the first pick in the NBA draft), we think he's probably fair game.

By the way, in the picture above, Greg Oden is hanging on the rim - as he does whenever he dunks. How impressive!! The dude is seven feet tall and he can dunk!! Not only can he dunk, but he can dunk really hard!! Wow!! Who knew?

Hopefully, he'll be assessed with a technical foul if he tries that in the NBA. Hanging on the rim is, after all, illegal.

BTW: considering the way the "sports entertainment league" known as the NBA operates (the star system is in force -some animals are more equal than others), we won't be holding our breaths for those "hanging on the rim" technicals.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Recycling your old blog posts .... a new low for you. Has the Trashtalk Superstar been stricken with a case of writers' block? Hemmingway had writers' block ... then he blew his f-ing brains out. I suggest you give it a try.

S.K. said...

Wow. I hadn't seen this comment until now. Many of the hate I get comes from angry Duke fans who accuse me of being a "Duke hater." But this is pretty harsh.

"Anonymous," if you're a bitter Duke fan, still upset over Duke's first round loss/debacle in the NCAA Tournament, I'd suggest you try to move on. Let it go. Get on with your life. But, Duke fan or not, I think you might want to look into anger management.

S.K. said...

The typo rears its ugly head again. I meant to say, "much of the hate," not "many of the hate." I was going to say "many of the hateful emails," but changed direction without changing what I had already typed. My bad. Despite my error, I still have no plans to take "anonymous'" advice and blow my brains out.