Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Kansas State Actually Finds Someone As Shady As Bob Huggins, Wastes No Time In Hiring Him As Basketball Coach


I was actually feeling kind of bad for Kansas State when Bob Huggins unceremoniously left his position as head coach of the men's basketball team (after only one season on the job), last week. Then I realized (about five seconds later) that KSU had made the decision to hire him with full knowledge of his background and reputation. It was the same university, after all, that had risen to football prominence (after a long history of being universally known as the worst football program in Division I-A) after hiring the ethically challenged Bill Snyder. Hiring Bob Huggins to turn the basketball program around was a logical progression, of sorts, for an institution that had already established a win at all costs culture in its athletic department.

So the hiring of Frank Martin is surprising only because of his lack of coaching experience, not because of his lack of integrity.

Didn't Wyatt Earp clean Kansas up, years ago? Apparently, the wild west mentality still exists.

Edit:


I know, I know...I'm well aware of the argument that goes: you'd cheat too if you had to try to convince kids to go to school in Manhattan, KS.

There's probably something to that argument. Maybe I should lighten up. In fact, if KSU or anyone affiliated with KSU wants to send me a suitcase full of Benjamins (gotta love that cash-especially in tax season), I'll consider refraining from ever writing any disparaging remarks about KSU again.

Does KSU have a "relationship" with World Wide Wes? If not, they should. I like clothes and shoes: hook me up with some kicks and some warm ups. Hook me up, KSU.

I kid, I kid.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does anyone actually care about Kansas State?

Anonymous said...

Now now...some do care about Kansas State.

S.K. said...

If only "anonymous" had waited six minutes to reply to Dr. Bombay's post. He would have been responding to Dr. Bombay at 4:20. Dude, that would've been soooo sick, bro!

Anonymous said...

sweet.