Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Vanderbilt Hands Kentucky 41 Point Loss

Yesterday, Drive and Dish marveled over how new coach Billy Gillispie and Kentucky had righted their ship and were beginning to make up for their early season woes.

We noted that Kentucky had won its previous five games. We mentioned their upset wins over Vanderbilt and Tennessee. We even said that Kentucky basketball was undergoing a resurgence.

Well, no sooner did Drive and Dish coronate Kentucky college basketball's "comeback kids" of 2008, than did Kentucky stumble off Vanderbilt's raised court as the owners of a 41 point loss courtesy of the same Vanderbilt Commodores team that they had triumphantly upset a mere month ago.

Vanderbilt embarrassed Kentucky, 93-52.

Call it payback. Call it revenge. Call it schadenfreude.

Call it what you will.

But whatever you call it, there's no denying what Vanderbilt did to Kentucky last night: Vandy absolutely put the smack down on Billy Gillispie and the Wildcats.

Just when Kentucky was starting to surge, they went out and got handed the program's worst loss since an ignominious 150-95 drubbing by Kansas in 1989 (Rick Pitino's first year as Kentucky's coach).

Kentucky is now 12-10, and 6-3 in the SEC.

The Wildcats are still, technically, on the post season bubble. But tonight's humiliating loss put a crushing halt to Kentucky's recent momentum. Worse yet, the damage done by tonight's beat down could be enough to derail Kentucky's "resurgence" altogether.

Time will tell.

But Billy Gillispie is on the clock (again).

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

hehe kentuck sux!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

man i still dig the cats. this shitz hard to take bro. i wish we still had petino.

Anonymous said...

Even though I was never able to persuade Patrick Ewing to have sex with me (or to double team my girlfriend with me or even to have sex with my girlfriend as I watched and beat off), I did smoke a few bowls with him.

Ewing was higher than Snoop Dogg most of the time .... even on the court.

But, unbeknownst to most people outside the Knicks family, I like to party too.

I'll say this, I'd sure like to gang bang my wife with Tiki Barber and Plaxico Burress. They're so strong and sexy.

I'd love to triple team her with those guys, or even just have those guys double team her while I watch.

And I'd bang Tiki Barber if given the chance.

He's hot.

Anonymous said...

The loss was bad, but I know that ESPN put the camera on me several times. So, as far as I'm concerned, it was a win.

We may have lost the game, but I still got my much deserved attention.

Just like when my husband won the Indianapolis 500, and I grabbed the trophy and pushed him out of the way so that I could be the center of attention.

So this was another good game for me, me, me!

Yay me!

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to come back and remind everybody to LOOK AT ME.

Yay ME!

Anonymous said...

Ashley, I am looking at you and all I've got to say is, meowwww.

How would you like to join me and Zach Randolph in a kinky double team/threesome?

And it's possible that I might be able to get Jamal Crawford to join in for a triple team.

Let me know if you're down.

Anonymous said...

Me likey cat food for bigger poopery