Tuesday, March 25, 2008

North Carolina Steamrolling Competition


By Mark Buckets

Could the North Carolina Tar Heels be an overlooked team?

This, from a team that opened the year at number one and ended the regular season in the exact same position.

How can that be?

Well, if you’ve watched any college basketball lately - Drive & Dish certainly has - you’d have to recognize North Carolina as the best team in the country, far and away.

While UCLA was struggling to stave off Texas A&M - an hour from their campus - the Tar Heels were waltzing into the Sweet 16 for yet another run at a national title under coach Roy Williams.

This is a runaway train without a conductor blazing down the tracks towards a car laced with dynamite. They’re that destructive.

While Memphis was struggling to score points (Chris Douglas-Roberts saved the days once again) against another unspectacular SEC school, Carolina rolled from the opening tip and put the Arkansas Razborbacks down to sleep, winning by 31.

Memphis fans, let me be the first to say: Jarvis Varnado is no Tyler Hansbrough.

Without point guard Tywon Lawson, the Tar Heels looked “ordinary.”

Ordinary to some, unreal to others.

Quentin Thomas as your third-string point guard? He would start - and probably excel at that school eight miles down the road - on almost any team in the country. That is undeniable.

At this point, it appears Kansas is the only team with a puncher’s chance at North Carolina.

As good as Sasha Kaun, Darrell Arthur, and Darnell Jackson are - this three-headed monster has been spectacular this year - they’ve yet to go against a team with equal interior depth. This edition of the Kansas Jayhawks have been through more adversity than most of us will ever know. That fact leads you to believe they have the chops to give North Carolina a run for their money. History isn’t on their side, however.

North Carolina presents a bevy of problems to each and every one of the other number one seeds left standing in the round of 16.

Memphis? They are probably the team that can match up the best athletically with North Carolina, but they lack the intestinal fortitude to compete with the Tar Heels.

UCLA? Kevin Love v Tyler Hansbrough? Push. Those backing these two superstars up? I’ll take Deon Thompson any day over Lorenzo “Brick” Mata-Real.

The North Carolina Tar Heels appear to be headed on a fast track towards another National Championship. It would take a supreme effort - in combination with an off day from Ol’ Roy’s crew - for any team left in the Sweet 16 to dash Carolina’s title dreams.

11 comments:

Butler Bob said...

oh deery. Ethel be stinkin up them house with gas from allher laughter. Them espns and them cams dont be overlookin them wacky tobaccy programs. aint be happenin. They be hailed from the professionals pretendin to be learning and not taking bowlin classes all day. Them wacky tobaccy programs be hailed for cleanin the hardwood with a better shine. every little thing them wacky tobaccy programs be doin be hailed and overshown while them defense student athlete schools like them Butler be no interest by them espn cams. they also be needin to be showin more shelley smith.

Anonymous said...

BOBBY ELWOOD!!!! be you in BIG TRUBLE. me and Ethel be wonderan what you doin on the conputer all that time.

You be havin an affare with some Shelley Smith you hog!!!!
be you prolly with your cow wen you be takin Buster for a walking I be seein them fotos on your MyDoc, I be writin on your ball site so all them folk be seein what a hog be you!!!!!! cleanup them damn jacks!

NOO PEACON PIE FOR YOU!!!

Butler Bob said...

I be kickout of them house by Ethel and Bertha Jenny. Be me life changin from uforia to the dumps. Butler be playing good basketball and be shock in second round. Buster be havin flees. Now these gals be thinkin I be having an affair. I be going to church feelin pain and not knowin what be doin for my passion to be smoochin with Shelley Smith. I tell them gals at the house. They dont be lissenin. I feel like I be havin flees like Buster. I be lucky Stu be havin me stay in. Stu got me in them bedroom where his mama stay until she pass. I be needin to do somethin to show Ethel me be lovin her. I feel exitemint seein Shelley. I be tired from spraying binaca on Ethel when I be needin some smoochin. She be like them fisheries. Ethel be smellin worse than Buster when that hound rollin in the mud. Shelley want bein with Dennis Green. Hes got a bigger belly than me. Butler Bob be a warrior. Butler Bob be a Bulldog. Butler Bob be scrappin against them sinners and wacky tobaccy folk. Butler Bob be a thinkin.

Anonymous said...

Classy post. Good to see Drive and Dish being classy again.


UNC: NCAA Men's Basketball Champions
1957, 1982, 1993, 2005, 2008 (soon).

Go Heels!

Anonymous said...

Butler Bob, what did you think of Chelsea Clinton's visit/campaign speech at Butler today?

I thought that on several occasions, she was less than truthful. I guess she learned it from her mom and dad.

And I didn't think she answered the Monica Lewinsky question at all. The guy asked Chelsea if her mother lost any credibility because of the way she defensed her husband during that scandal. But Chelsea didn't answer the question. She just told the guy that it was "none of his business" -- which doesn't even make sense in the context of the question.

www.wishtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=8068701&nav=0Ra7

But my husband, my daughter and I would love to hear what you think, Butler Bob.

Butler Bob said...

Ms. Carol:
I be glad to sharing my wisdom any day. Lots of people be comin to see Butler Bob not just to play Jacks, but be seein some insight into their lifes and world.

The important think be Bill be repentin to the Lord. Bill need be going to church every day. Bill need be genuine sorry for hurtin Hillary and little Chelsea. It be good to see Chelsea not just visitin them wacky tobaccy schools or them west coast hollywood silicon programs or them cornfed sterioid plains programs. Butler be an academic institution where people be learnin and not sittin around in sinnin.

I aint be hearin much about the Lord in Chelseas visit. Perhaps she be thinkin church aint be important. I not be belivin people who be not be basin there talk on how we can bring people to church. I be thinkin Chelsea be spendin her time at the Louis Veeton store when she be needin to be lookin for the nearest steep el. she need be answerin them questions. the lord be askin them questions. Chelsea need be answerin them questions to the public. It aint be pleasant question but she be needin to answer.

Carol you be welcome to visit me at Stu house or at Bro´s Chicken Shack Mmmm Mmmm Mmmm. I be havin Buster with me but Ethel and Bertha Jenny be kicked me out.

Roy less than Jesus need be repentin by lowerin Jesus. Roy need to find a steep el and walk in the church and explain the sinnin he been doin. Uh huh. Uh huh.

Anonymous said...

Butlery Bob ladies havin lots of poopey. Talk of net cuttin was lots of gas hot.

Anonymous said...

Butler Bob, I'm quite happily married and content with life here in Carmel.

But I'm flattered by your attention (well, sort of), hehe.

Ethel should take you back. After all, you sound like you're quite the mensch.

And Bertha Jenny should go on Celebrity Fit Club with that Screech kid from Saved By the Bell and Jonie from Happy Days (except that Bertha Jenny isn't a B list celebrity ... or a celebrity at all for that matter). So maybe she should just get Oprah's diet cook book. Or get some of Dr. Phil's fat burner pills (if they're still available).

As for Chelsea, I didn't like her answer to that kid's question.

All of her campus appearances have been scripted to the hilt, just like her mother's campaign appearances. And just like her mother, she hasn't ever had to field questions where she didn't have the the answers written out in advance.

All she needed to do to shoot that kid's question down was to smile and answer with one simple word: "no."

But she got mad at him for asking the question. The little princess isn't used to anyone daring to scrutinize her or her mother's crass political behavior. So she gave the kid attitude. And instead of rebutting his question, she just snapped: "none of your business."

What a little bitch.

Chelsea's got great hair and makeup. I'd love to know who her stylist is (and I'd love to get an appointment with him/her). But underneath the glamorous facade is an ugly, chinless, frumpy, shrewish little princess (with an overbite from hell).

Oh well, gotta run. I just finished my Mocha Latte Frappuccino and I'm late for a lunch date with some of my girlfriends (downtown Carmel has some great little cafes).

Cheers.

Butler Bob said...

Ms. Carol:
well we can be talkin more about them chelsea clinton and them politik in them bible chat room. We can be meetin in them chat forum say the evening by 4:30? when i be walkin buster down to them gas station i be lookin for them diet pills for bertha jenny. perhaps you be helpin me with some romantic ideas for ethel. I be takin her on a romantic getway to Green Bay wisconsin.
Boooooooooo Digggggggggggggetttty

Anonymous said...

Butler Bob,

Northern Wisconsin is beautiful. I absolutely love Door County.

I'm not sure about Green Bay. I've never been there. And this might not be the best time of year to go up there.

But it's good to see that you and Ethel have got things patched up. She's a lucky woman.

Cheers.

Butler Bob said...

Ms. Carol:
I be thankin you for the complimint
www.christianchatrooms.com
meet me in room Prayer Chat tomorrow evenin at 4:00p.m.
maybe you be givin me some good advice.