Thursday, March 27, 2008

Xavier Survives Overtime, Advances to Elite 8


Xavier defeated West Virginia in vertime 79-75 to advance to the Elite 8, (more here).

Despite getting off to a slow start, Xavier's B.J. Raymond made the key plays that put the Musketeers up for good in the overtime period.

Raymond hit two 3-pointers in the last 1:18 of overtime:

"Raymond, who had made only one field goal all night, hit a 3-pointer from the top of the key to put the Musketeers ahead 75-74 with 1:18 to play. He then shook loose on an inbounds play, took a crosscourt pass and made a 3 with the shot clock expiring with 30 seconds to go for a 78-74 lead."


In addition to Xavier, three other teams punched their tickets to the Elite 8 on Thursday night.

North Carolina beat Washington State 68-47 (more here, courtesy of the Raleigh News Observer), Louisville upended Tennessee 79-60 (more, courtesy of the Louisville Courier-Journal, here), and UCLA got past Western Kentucky 88-78.

On Saturday, Louisville will face North Carolina and UCLA will take on Xavier. The winners of those games will advance to the Final Four.

The second half of the Sweet Sixteen field will face off tomorrow night.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

YEEEeeeahh! I´m going down to Lake Cumberland and we´re going to partay. I´m calling Kenny and J.P. and we´re going to march from coat to boat and find some choice cougars. I think Kaskade is going to be there too. We´ve gotta go there. I´ll bring the Lithuanian stew. Xavier all the way!

Butler Bob said...

to mr. d,
Sonny Boy,
You be needin to stop that sinnin and greed and lookin at them steep el and not be lookin down at your wallet. Uh huh. Uh huh. You be needin to tune into them Butler Basketball matches. You be needin to see them students who be virgin until they wed and be playin for academik not for them paychecks and cars under them table. Butler students be studyin while you sinners be partyin on the boats and drowin in the rivers. I be seein them people fallin off the row boats when they be sinnin. dont be messin with no livestock. you sinners need be leavin them animals be. they ain todnw nothin to you. you be needing to find them steep el and getting down on them nees and findin them priest.

Anonymous said...

Yo, your azz thinkz yo know how to party. What tha fukk iz Lake Cumberland, yo?

Yo, you best take lessons from me and my Jersey Shore posse, son. Last night we wuz big pimpin' up in tha V.I.P. at Deko and all tha hot clubz in Seaside Heights, ya digg!!!!!!!

That shiznit wuz off da chain, bro!!!

Yo, that's how we do, yo!!!!

You need to take pimp lessons from
me and my boyz!!!!!

You betta sign up for pimpin' 101 at Nassau Community College, kid.

If they had a class on pimpin', me and my boyz would be tha professaz of dat class, son.

I got a PHD in pimpin', yo. Just ask your girlfriend. She can't stop talking about me (and my dikk), haha!!!!!

Anonymous said...

i like to party and dance in public in my silver man-thong. Yeaaaaaaaah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!