Sunday, September 7, 2008

Brady Out For the Season


New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady tore the anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee today. He will miss the remainder of the 2008 NFL season.

The injury occurred when Brady was tackled by Kansas City Chiefs safety Bernard Pollard. As Michael Silver of Yahoo! Sports reports:

"Brady was hurt as he stepped up in the pocket to make a throw to wideout Randy Moss. Chiefs safety Bernard Pollard, who was on the ground, lunged forward and struck Brady’s leg, which buckled as he released the ball."

Silver quotes an unnamed team source who said:

“It’s bad. We’re going to have to play without him.”

Just looking at the above photo of Brady's lower leg twisting in the opposite direction of his body is enough to make me uneasy. I've suffered two different ACL tears and when I see somebody's leg twist unnaturally, I get the chills.

Literally.

The feeling of having your knee snap is hard to describe. You definitely feel the tear, or snap of the ligaments in your knee. But you also feel the meniscus and bone moving against each other in unnatural ways. And it's audible. But if you haven't done it, you can't really appreciate what I'm trying to convey.

Just trust that it's bad. Really, really bad.

I'm not a huge fan of Tom Brady's (although, don't misunderstand: I don't particularly dislike him, I'm just kind of apathetic about him), but I definitely sympathize with him today.

Here's to hoping that Tom Brady makes a quick and thorough recovery.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe Tom Brady should look into having something besides his knee fixed.

I mean, how many bastard kids has he fathered by different baby mommas now? I've lost count. Granted, he's not quite in Shawn Kemp's league as a baby daddy yet, but he's certainly making a strong push.

Message to Tom Brady: It's just a little snip. It doesn't hurt.

You might just want to get it done.

Pronto, mutherfucker.