Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Utah Reaches Western Conference Finals

Last week Drive and Dish opined that the Utah Jazz were an up and coming NBA team, but weren't a threat to win the West this year. Last night Utah advanced to the Western Conference finals by beating the Golden State Warriors. Utah's opponent will be the winner of the San Antonio, Phoenix series.

Drive and Dish has been very impressed by Utah's performance in the playoffs so far. However, we think that Utah's next opponent, whether it's Phoenix or San Antonio, will be much tougher to get past. Golden State didn't have enough size to match up against Utah. Houston, Utah's opponent in the first round, had size and talent, but just hasn't put it all together yet. Phoenix and San Antonio are talented, veteran teams with size and playoff experience.

By the way, Chicago has made a nice push to regain some respectability against Detroit. But they're still not in Detroit's league.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can you say something that isn't so obvious to everyone on the planet? Tell me something I didn't know for G-d's sake.

S.K. said...

Anonymous,

As Ed McMahon used to say, you are correct, sir (actually, McMahon never said that ... it was an ad lib by the late, great Phil Hartman, who did a recurring Ed McMahon impersonation -opposite Dana Carvey's Johnny Carson impersonation- on Saturday Night Live in the early 1990's). I was trying to post something about Utah just before I left to go to the gym to play basketball. I didn't have much time to write, and therefore just jotted some thoughts down ... quickly. I didn't even read the post until a few minutes ago.

You are right. I didn't say anything that isn't already obvious.

As Manute Bol used to say, before the rest of the country picked it up, my bad. Maybe I need to adopt the strategy, come strong or don't come at all, to my writing.

By the way, based on your use of the word G-d, I'm assuming that you are an Orthodox Jew. If that's correct, aren't you supposed to abstain from using phrases such as "for God's sake?"

I'm not Jewish, and nearly all of the Jews that I know are either Reformed or non observant. Please correct me if I'm wrong.